Career Opportunities at Irvine Barclay Theatre
Development Associate – Administrative (Part-time)
The Development Associate is member of the Irvine Barclay Theatre Operating Company (IBT) development staff reporting to the Annual Fund Manager. The Development Associate functions as IBT’s primary gift processor and provides administrative support to all Development Department staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Gift processing and acknowledgement
2. Assistance with donor research, grant research and data collection
3. Meeting scheduling and preparation, including informational packet production
4. Some attendance at events and activities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Demonstrable experience at a high level with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
2. Demonstrable experience with databases and above average skills conducting mail merges
3. Experience with Adobe design programs will be considered a plus
4. Prior experience as a gift processor with reputable non-profit organizations will be considered a plus
Education and Experience
1. Background with administrative functions and basic bookkeeping
2. Demonstrated completion of an associate degree, or currently working toward an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher education
3. Familiarity and experience with CRM software will be considered a plus
o Consistent demonstration of personal accountability, integrity, initiative and commitment to IBT’s mission is expected.
o Demonstrable on-going mutual respect for internal and external colleagues is required.
o A work process of thoughtful prioritization and long-term planning, together with a personal emphasis on innovative problem solving through collaboration with all stakeholders, is essential.
o An ability to gracefully handle challenges in the context of a fluid and typically fast-paced daily work flow is vital.
o Reports to: Annual Fund Manager
o Supervisory responsibility: None
o Compensation: part-time, hourly
o Work-from-home eligible: No
o Working Hours: Variable, agreed weekly schedule that may include some nights and weekends
Under general supervision of the Irvine Barclay Theatre Production Manager, the Lighting Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of professional technicians in providing stage and backstage technical support (especially in theatrical stage lighting and design) for professional guest artist performances and amateur licensee events occurring at Irvine Barclay Theatre and is responsible for the proper installation, maintenance, inventory and safe operation of all theatrical lighting system equipment.